Contract Amount: $18,000,000
The Galesburg Water Treatment Plant project consists of the construction of a 12 MGD capacity water treatment plant.
The treatment facilities include:
- Pre-engineered steel building with eight (8) concrete gravity filters in pairs with center control column and filter media
- Chemical storage and feed systems
- Pumping facilities and control room
- Two (2) concrete 42’ diameter x 20’ high contact tanks with induced draft aerators
- Two (2) 1.0 MG finished water storage tanks
- Process piping systems
- Instrumentation and controls
- Painting and coatings sludge lagoons with necessary service annex facilities.
Some additional functionalities Leander Construction included:
- Raw water pump replacement at the Mississippi River
- Connecting water mains
- Transmission main tapping connections
- Mechanical and electrical instrumentation
- Demolition and pipe connection work at the existing Main Street Water Treatment Plant facilities
The project is unique in the fact that the water is pumped from the aquifer below the Mississippi River, treated, and then pumped 35 miles to Galesburg, IL.